Top 10 Headlines of 2012: SYP Dominates
Originally published by: SBC Magazine — December 21, 2012
The following article was produced and published by the source linked to above, who is solely responsible for its content. SBC Magazine is publishing this story to raise awareness of information publicly available online and does not verify the accuracy of the author’s claims. As a consequence, SBC cannot vouch for the validity of any facts, claims or opinions made in the article.
Looking at the top ten SBC Industry News headlines for the year, it was evident that the Southern Pine design value issue was the most heavily following story because it commanded all ten spots.
Below are the ten most read SBC Industry News items for 2012:
- ALSC Approves Only SP No. 2 2x4 Design Values, Effective June 1
- Update: ALSC Issues Supplemental Ruling on SP Design Values
- SBCA Provides Substitution Chart for June 1 SP #2 2x4 Design Values
- SBCA Adopts Lumber Design Value Engineering Policy, Sends Letter to ICC
- SPIB Issues Supplement #9, SBCA Provides Perspective
- Further Developments Regarding Southern Pine Design Values
- Analyzing Substitutes for 2x4 SP Nos. 2 & 3
- SBCA Issues In-Depth Analysis and Best Practices Roadmap for CM Members Re: SP Design Values
- SBCA Reports on July 18-19 SPIB Meeting - Important Design Value Change Information
- ALSC Approves SPIB's Recommended SP Dense and Non-Dense Design Value Changes
From all of us here at SBC Magazine, have a very Happy Holidays! We look forward to 2013 and continuing to be the number one news source for the structural building components industry.