Simpson Launches Joist Hanger Selector App
Originally published by: Residential Building Magazine — August 6, 2014
The following article was produced and published by the source linked to above, who is solely responsible for its content. SBC Magazine is publishing this story to raise awareness of information publicly available online and does not verify the accuracy of the author’s claims. As a consequence, SBC cannot vouch for the validity of any facts, claims or opinions made in the article.
Pleasanton, California-based Simpson Strong-Tie has released a new web-based Joist Hanger Selector app that makes it easier for customers to select the most appropriate and cost-effective hanger for their projects.
It allows users to select hangers based on the type of installation, type and size of lumber and loads.
“The easy-to-use interface enables users to quickly select the members and configuration for their desired connection, and print the results. The app is accessible from any web browser and doesn’t require downloading or installing special software.
Simpson already offers a Connector Selector software, but it developed the web-based version after engineers and customers asked for an easily accessible, web-based version.
The new web app offers intuitive input fields and several other features:
- All capacity reductions associated with modifications for allowable load are automatically calculated
- Users can select several criteria to narrow down the selection, such as member details and fastener type
- Automatic filtering to remove connectors that don’t meet the user’s load requirements;
- Accurate product nomenclature is included in results to make the ordering process easier
- Help icons to guide users through the app.
To use the Joist Hanger Selector app, click here.