Webinar: Protect Your Workers from Dust Explosions
Originally published by: EHS Today — February 10, 2021
The following article was produced and published by the source linked to above, who is solely responsible for its content. SBC Magazine is publishing this story to raise awareness of information publicly available online and does not verify the accuracy of the author’s claims. As a consequence, SBC cannot vouch for the validity of any facts, claims or opinions made in the article.
Editor’s Note for webinar: OSHA continues to closely monitor combustible dust levels in wood product manufacturing facilities. The webinar below should provide helpful guidance on assessing your current risk and understanding what OSHA looks at during an inspection. If you want industry-specific guidance on what you can do to ensure compliance with OSHA’s current combustible dust requirements, check out SBCA’s Housekeeping for Combustible Dust online program.
Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. EST (GMT -5, New York)
Duration: 1 Hour
Event Type: Live Webinar
We will discuss how to recognize dangerous combustible dust situations in manufacturing plants and processing facilities. This knowledge will help you to quickly observe an unsafe situation in your everyday work environments, recognize what you are seeing, evaluate whether you or your employees are in harm’s way, and decide what steps to take to make the environment safe.
This webinar will cover the following information:
- Examples of combustible dust
- What creates a combustible dust explosion
- Who makes the rule and how are they enforced
- What is the general conception on combustible dust
- What programs should be in place to help with the understanding and mitigation of combustible dust
- What’s available to help control combustible dust
- Understanding to installed performance of combustible dust controls
- Take a look around your factory and see if you have potential combustible dust